PRINCIPAL PROFILE: EDWARD J. D'AMORE, JR.
Prior to entering private practice Mr. D'Amore worked in construction, in the offices of
several architects in New York City and Providence, RI, and in the planning department of
the City of Mount Vernon. Positions and responsibilities were:
- Melrose Construction, Cranston, RI; apprentice carpenter, two houses, one office building.
- Ulrich Franzen and Associates, Architects, NYC, NY; staff architect on high rise office
buildings, industrial buildings and a visitor center.
- Wids DeLaCour, Architect, Brooklyn, NY; designer and project architect for commercial and
residential buildings, including renovations in the Brooklyn Heights Historic District.
- City Planning Department, Mount Vernon, NY; staff urban designer on: Plan to cover the
New Haven Railroad Cut in the CBD, Neighborhood stabilization surveys and preservation
studies, Urban Mass Transportation Administration and Economic Development
Administration Grant Applications.
- Registration: NY, CT, NJ, MD & PA, NCARB Certificate Holder
- LEED Accredited Professional
- M.S. Urban Design, Pratt Institute, New York
- Bach. Architecture, Pratt Institute, New York
- 2003 President, Westchester Mid-Hudson Chapter, American Institute of Architects
- 2007 Vice President, NY State American Institute of Architects
- Guest Lecturer, SUNY Purchase, Urban Studies Department
- Guest Critic, Graduate Program, Urban Design, Pratt Institute
- Member, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Mount Vernon Board of Architectural Review, 1978-1988
- Harrison Board of Architectural Review, 1989-1993
- Past President, Mount Vernon Lions Club
- United Way of Mount Vernon, Business Donations Chairman
- Secretary Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association